Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Parenting of Triplet Girls, Part 2

GUEST BLOGGER:  Cindy R.

My triplet ballerinas are my daughters, Abbie, Brynn and Claire.

People who find out the girls are triplets simply lose all sense of modesty or boundary – the questions that we have been asked by complete strangers is beyond belief.  Back in the days where the girls were less mobile and bound to a stroller a simple visit to a home store would turn into a circus.  We quickly learned that it was sometimes easier to keep two girls separate from the other and deal with some less intrusive questions about twins versus the gawking of the triplet crowd.


We haven’t raised our daughters as a unit – they are unique individuals that happen to share a birthday.  I hope, as their parent, that they have a strong bond with each other and find solidarity and support as they grow into adulthood.  Like any parent, I teach them the importance of kindness and being a helper – doing for others is our focus. 


Seeing them today at almost 9-years old it seems like the years have flown by in a blink.  We are half-way to college now and tonight I will hold onto the little hand and cuddle them a little longer and know how honored I am to be their mom.



Beverly's Facebook Page:  The Triplet Ballerinas



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Cindy, for allowing me to share your story on my blog. I really enjoyed finding out about your own triplet girls. Beverly

    ReplyDelete