Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Maysie: The Dancing Triplet

My triplet ballerinas are my triplet grand-daughters, Makenna, Jaeli Jo and Maysie.   
This week I want to blog about my littlest (although she is not so little anymore) triplet granddaughter, Maysie. As has been mentioned before, Maysie loves to dance. She loves to dance so much, whenever she hears music, she starts dancing. It is just a coincidence that my picture book story (See my Facebook page: The Triplet Ballerinas ) is about a triplet girl, Annie (Makenna), who loves ballet more than her triplet sisters, Jamie (Jaeli) and Macie (Maysie) do.  When I started out writing this book as "The Triplet Girl", I wanted one feminine name, Annie, and two boyish names, which at the time were Jamie and Maxie.  Once the story became "The Triplet Ballerinas", I changed the character "Maxie" to "Macie" since it was not as important anymore for two boyish names, and I liked Macie better. At the time, it didn't occur to me that I could change the main character from Annie to one of the other triplets.  I recently realized, though, that I was not portraying very well the main character, Annie, as the triplet who loves ballet the most.  I firmly believe this is because I was not capturing the spirit of a girl who loves to dance because in my mind "Annie" is Makenna who is a bit of a tomboy who likes sports and has no interest in dancing. So, I changed my main character to Macie and I am now trying to infuse my story with Maysie's love of dancing. All I need to do, though, is visualize Maysie when she is dancing to make my story of Macie's love of ballet come alive.     Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment