Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Three Triplet Ballerinas, Not Just One

My Triplet Ballerinas are my triplet grand-daughters Makenna, Jaeli Jo and Maysie.
Recently, I decided to make a big change in the children's picture book I am writing (see my Facebook Page: The Triplet Ballerinas). My story has mostly been about just one of these triplet ballerinas. The reason for this was everything I read about writing a picture book said there should only be one main character. In the beginning, I decided Annie would be the main character out of the three girls, Jamie, Annie and Macie. Later, I switched the main character to Macie since she seemed to suit my story better. But, recently, I received a critique of my manuscript that encouraged me to write my story about all three triplet ballerinas since "rules are meant to be broken when you have a great idea." So, I am excited to begin my journey writing about three triplet ballerinas, not just one.  Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment